Major work – a big project is currently going ahead at the club:
- Laying a base for the new cruiser winch and its protective building/shed
- Digging a trench to take the new three phase power from the clubhouse to the winch
- Excavating for the power supply to the new dinghy capstan
- Cutting out and reinstating a section of the weathered concrete surface on the upper section of the slipway
- Digging out and improving the concrete ramp in front of the boathouse for better safety boat access
- Laying a new water supply pipe to the lower field
If any members reading this would like to come down to the club and help out; e.g. back fill trenches this week or lay concrete on Monday. You would be most welcome.
Willing helpers of all ages have made a great contribution already on the first day of the project.
The cement delivered
Wednesday – trench around the Commodores Lawn excavated. A new water pipe will be installed at the same time. Excavated a foundation for the new winch incorporating a base for a protective shed (see picture above).
Thursday – virtually all of the digging completed today. We have partially buried the cable. Prepared a wider ramp to access the boat house and did the necessary work outside of the river gate for the base of the dinghy windlass.
Friday – Plan; the new water pipe is due to be installed and the trench around the edge of the Commodores Lawn will be back filled.
Saturday – no major work as we have the Icebreaker race that day
Sunday – final preparations for the concrete
Monday – concrete more members arrived to help with the spreading and tamping as there will be 4 areas to work on. All done within 1 hour and 10 minutes of the concrete truck arriving!
Wednesday – dinghy capstan installed
What its all about.
Further updates follow