Up River Yacht Club offers a great range of sailing and social activities for all the family.
Also, unlike many sports, sailing can be enjoyed by all members of the family together.
10 Reasons To Join Up River Yacht Club
- Subsidised cadet training programme offering both children and adults a very low cost and safe way to get afloat.
2. Fun sails enabling family members to sail modern club sailing dinghies and always with a safety boat on hand. As a club member you pay nothing to use the club boats.
You don’t have to own a boat to enjoy sailing at Up River YC. D W Rayleigh
3. Opportunities to crew racing dinghies – several national class champions race at Up River YC.
4. For parents who prefer to just to watch their children sail, you can help crew the safety boats (full training given) or get involved in the social side.
5. A spacious dinghy park organised so family members can keep their boats together.
6. Family friendly social events including summer BBQ’s and Children’s Christmas Party, entertainer and disco.
7. Adults are not forgotten with several social gatherings including Valentines Dance, Fitting Out Supper, Summer Ball, Laying up Supper and Christmas/New Year events.
We are always looking for ways to give our children the opportunity to try things and get outdoors. Up River has been great, especially with the big cadet section. R B Hullbridge
8. Several families go sailing with their young children in sailing cruisers, attending club rallies that are arranged with families in mind, including the cricket match on the Burnham rally and the Osea Island BBQ.
9. Compared with other family activities where just a day out can prove very costly. Up River Yacht Club family membership offers fantastic value; every member of your family can enjoy a busy and varied programme of sailing and social events throughout the year.
10. Up River Yacht club is the lowest cost location to keep a boat on the south bank of the River Crouch.
At a time when household budgets are stretched, often its a great surprise to families that joining Up River Yacht Club remains so affordable. Ian Dawson Commodore
Family membership is £195 per annum. This will provide you, your partner, children and grandchildren up to age 18 access to all of the club facilities including use of the club sailing dinghies during club races and other organised sailing sessions. Your children and grandchildren can sign up for sail training sessions from age 8yrs onwards.
This is outstanding value for money. It is only possible because Up River Yacht Club is a non-profit self help club, with an enthusiastic membership who are always willing to help out. The club has successfully applied for funding from Sport England to provide fleet of modern sailing dinghies that members can use to learn to sail and race.
In addition, reducing costs for families further, cadet training is subsidised by the club. Royal Yachting Association sailing instructors have been engaged to ensure the highest standards.
The comment heard from new members time and time again is that they were made very welcome. You will find you are surrounded by like minded folk who are enthusiastic club members, have a great love of sailing and messing about with boats.
It’s an informal club, no blazers and ties, instead you will see people in sailing gear with big smiles!
The membership are a great source of information and help. Your children will find a vibrant young members/cadets section and endless opportunity to have fun. These pictures speak for themselves.