Established in 1936, Up River Yacht Club is a friendly, non-profit, sailing club, situated on the River Crouch at Hullbridge, offering facilities for all types of sailing for all ages.
- Dinghies – social sailing and racing throughout the year.
- Cadet Programme – low cost training sessions in our fleet of club dinghies.
- Family Fun weekend – culmination of our cadet programme.
- Fun Sails – dinghy sailing in company with the assurance of a club safety boat.
- Yachts – large sailing cruiser section (moorings available).
- Launch and recovery facilities – winter lay-up in the club grounds.
- Social – offers a varied programme of social events throughout the year
- Host – Hullbridge Regatta that is held annually as a charity fund raising event
Up River Yacht Club promotes sailing as a sport for all and offers the opportunity for local children and adults to try sailing at the annual RYA ‘Push The Boat Out’ event.
- Supporting the aim of Sport England to promote a more active nation.
- Controls moorings on behalf of the Crouch Harbour Authority.
- Offers safe access to the river via a private concrete slipway.
- Help and advice to members.
- Engage RYA approved sailing instructors to support the Up River Yacht Club Cadet Programme.
- CRB checks for all members volunteering to help with cadet training.
- Promotes sailing more widely by taking part in ‘Bart’s Bash’ – the world largest sailing event.
Excellent club facilities, sailing programme and social events.
- Club lounge, galley, conservatory and outside decking area with views of the river.
- Club bar, open on Friday evenings, Sunday lunchtimes and for social events.
- Ample space for dinghies and yacht tenders, car parking, race box.
- Spacious changing rooms, showers and baby changing. WC for mobility challenged.
- Year-round racing programme for dinghies including class champion racing.
- Cruiser racing during the summer and autumn.
- Cruises in Company, exploring the excellent East Coast, Thames and Medway.
- Annual cruise to the continent.
- Over winter lay-up for cruising yachts
Up River Yacht Club are encouraging people to come along and see if sailing is for them as well as welcoming visitors from other sailing clubs:
- Visitors bouy with additional visiting yacht moorings by arrangement.
- Host open meetings – Lightning Class.
- Camping area with power and water for open meeting visitors staying overnight.
Find out what Up River YC could offer you
On-line: please explore the Up River Yacht Club website that contains a wealth of information about the club.
Phone: why not speak to one of our club officers? Please use the Contact Us page to leave your number, your question(s) and a good time for us to get the right person to call you.
1 2 1: you can visit the club and chat through in person, just let us know and we will arrange a mutually convenient time for one of our members to give you ‘the tour’ and answer your question.
Thinking of joining?
Club membership is offered to those who want to get involved in the sport and the wider activities of the club. However, the number of new members we can accept is limited. So, if you are interested, we would encourage you to come forward before we have to ‘close the books’ for another year.
There has never been a better time to get involved in sailing. Please click the button below if you would like to know more about joining Up River Yacht Club.
Become a member of this friendly club that is run by the members for the members. Julia Hall
Data Protection Policy
For full details of Up River Yacht Club’s data protection policy please click on this link (Updated May 2018)