If you are looking for a good yacht club that offers low cost moorings on the River Crouch, Up River Yacht Club should be on your shortlist.
- Sailing boats up to 30ft (just over 9m) can have a swinging mooring at Hullbridge for just £150 per year. Also deep water moorings are available nearby.
- For club members who join the Launch and Recovery Syndicate (£250 to join), yachts are lifted out, stored over winter in the club grounds and relaunched for FREE.
- Active cruise in company programme including a UK summer cruise and an annual rally to the near continent.
- Cruiser owners can also take part in year round dinghy racing for FREE plus fun sails in the summer months.
- Modern Club owned and maintained dinghies are freely available to members for use at Club events.
- Ample parking, power points and water taps/hoses within grounds to facilitate yacht maintenance including changing rooms and showers.
- There’s a busy social programme for times when you’re not sailing.
These are good reasons to join Up River Yacht Club, however the reason people stay members is because of the very friendly and helpful membership. The ethos of the Club is to promote sailing for all. The most important aspect of achieving this is to minimise the cost to club members of owning a boat.
As a self help non-profit club, the type of cruiser owner Up River YC attracts tend to be more comfortable in sailing kit than a blazer.
If this sounds like your sort of club, please get in touch.
Family membership is so cheap
Did you known your whole family can be members (that’s parents, children and grandchildren under 18) for just £195 per year.
Look at it another way. For a family of four, that makes membership less than £1 a week each.
Cruise to Bologne and Calais 2017